Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Business Librarian at Turitea


My name is Alison Wallbutton and I am the new Business Librarian at Turitea, working alongside Jane Brooker. You can contact us via our combined email address: buslib@massey.ac.nz or contact me on 7344 or Jane on ext. 7919.

So what's my background? I hold a BSc and a MLIS from Victoria University of Wellington. My Masters research project looked at how Taranaki businesses made use of the resources of public libraries in the region. Some of my recent work experience has involved providing information and analysis to Fonterra staff working in the consumer products area. This gave me "real world" experience in areas such as gathering market intelligence, product development and innovation processes and knowledge management. My most recent role has been that of Library Manager at the International Pacific College here in Palmerston North. I am also a student at Massey University and I'm currently undertaking a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.


While I have your attention this is an opportune time to remind you of the services we provide to aid you in both your teaching and research.

We offer library skills sessions for postgraduate students, either in using the databases or in EndNote. Annual sessions are valuable for keeping up to date with changes in the database so as to make the best use of library resources. Please contact us if you would like the Library to run an information skills or EndNote class for your students in the second semester.Staff and postgraduate students are welcome to visit us for a research consultation. This is a chance for more focussed help on specific topics and can provide the basis for ongoing contact between a researcher and the Library over the course of their research.We purchase books for the collection on a regular basis and we are more than happy to receive recommendations from staff. If you wish to recommend a title for purchase, you can either contact us directly, or fill out the suggest an item for purchase form on the Library web site.


I look forward to hearing from you!


No comments: